View Single Post
Old 19-04-2007, 10:14 AM   #457
Tribal
OCD keeps me busy...

Hi all, just noticed this thread and thought I'd contribute my experience with diets and weight loss.

Start of last year I was around 97kg (I am 35 yo and 6' tall) and knew I had to do something sustainable for my health (as I am also a smoker), that would also help me develop good habits. So I started doing Taekwondo with my son who is now 6.

Well after a year of training 2-3 times a week for roughly 1-2 hours, I am back to a much healthier 83kg and have never felt fitter. The upside to all of this are all the extra skills I have learnt (i.e. kicking, boxing, self defence, stretching etc), and wanting to keep learning and improving only serves to keep me in better shape. It also helps with all of the friends I have made to keep going back regardless of the pain and effort you have to put in - (but makes that cold beer at the end of each session even more worthwhile).

I am about 12 months away from getting my Black Belt, something I hadn't even considered a year and a half ago - amazing what you can do once you decide you can.

If anyone in the western suburbs of Melb is interested in Taekwondo training - PM me for details.

cheers,
Ben
Tribal is offline   Reply With Quote