View Single Post
Old 02-11-2006, 02:00 PM   #28
jdyubfi
Starter Motor

i just wanna ask...i know that its true when you say that bolting a turbo onto the original motor will stuff it, but how is it all these other cars do it and get away with it? you see all these hot done up cars in magazines which obviously have done it and they seem alright..i know that the theory is right, that the original engine isnt built for all the extra pressure, but tell me whats the likelihood of it happenin? does it depend on how you drive it as well? if you thrash it or not? and is there anyway you can kinda prepare your original engine for a turbo? such as extractors, bigger leads, cams etc? would this help the engine if a turbo was bolted on? im just trying to get an idea of all my options and the pros and cons for each, coz obviously puttin a garrett turbo on would be heaps easier then finding another engine and gezrbox, and i keep thinking that a gtr engine would be heaps older then what i have in it. what are your thoughts? everything you have told me up to date i found very helpful.
jdyubfi is offline   Reply With Quote